Have you ever wanted to improve your ability to write Horror Genre screenplays by 100% … 200% … 300% or more? If so, then here’s how you can gut, slice, chainsaw, bite, hack, howl and chew your way to the top by writing Horror screenplays that slit throats, haunt houses, cook brains and tear souls apart.
Believe it or not, it doesn't matter how much you already know about the Horror genre.
Some of the tips inside this book include:
* How to create horrific stories that are so potent, they are almost guaranteed to make people sweat and shiver in their seats. (Even if they normally eat Horror movies for breakfast!)
* Why everything you've been taught about the Oedipus complex is wrong, and how to really use this story pattern to the bitter, gruesome end in any Horror genre screenplay. (These little known story-structure details will be eagerly read by agents, producers and studio execs and do a FAR better job of selling your story than the clichés and conventions taught in so many other screenwriting books.)
* How to tap into three human anxieties that none of the screenwriting "gurus" ever discuss. (It’s astonishing how many screenwriters don’t know about these anxieties, and yet they are simple thumbscrews that will terrify audiences around the world.)
* The real reasons why and how the most famous Horror movies succeed at the box office – including the screenwriting behind Child’s Play, Nightmare On Elm Street and The Hellraiser series. (Learn these reasons and you’ll be able to spin screenwriting you’ve already done but haven’t sold into Horror genre gold … bloody gold, but still gold!)
* Countless examples of how to turn normally “boring” Horror clichés into compelling scenes of terror. (This is the kind of information that will bring spanking new screenwriters quickly up to speed.)
* Unique ideas that will have you literally "tuning in" on the Horror genre and generating at least 2 new epic ideas for your screenwriting on every page you read. (These tips will have you bonding to readers of your script immediately, allowing you to build terror quickly, effectively and permanently.)
* And much, much more …
The ideas in Horror Genre Secrets for Screenwriters have been used by real screenwriters of major blockbusters – whether they realize it or not. Horror Genre Secrets for Screenwriters distills their mastery for you and is here to serve as your screenwriting coach-in-a-book.
Don't worry! None of the techniques in this book are rocket science.
Frankly, if you can watch a Horror movie, you can write one. But it'll only be as terrifying as the deep human needs you're able to satisfy through theme, imagery, archetype, characterization and an effectively structured plot.
But there's really no time to lose.
Every day that you are not using these ideas in your Horror genre screenwriting, you are literally stealing from yourself the joy (and terror) of writing a Horror movie that will entertain audiences around the world.
- File Size: 373 KB
- Print Length: 88 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: December 2, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00G9I7LFY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- X-Ray: Not Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Real Horror Show